The north-east is a direction full of benefits as its presiding deity is Lord Shiva and the representative planet is Jupiter. This is the direction responsible for providing overall prosperity, health and wealth if utilized as per Vastu guidelines. Since it is considered to be a highly pious and sensitive direction, it needs to be dealt with extreme care.
Having a kitchen it the north-east is considered highly inauspicious as per Vastu principles. The northeast being God’s corner is also known as the Eshan corner and a kitchen in this direction tends to burn away all the positive and constructive energies present here, converting them into negative vibrations which then keep circulating in the entire house causing disastrous effects on its residents.
Defects of having a kitchen in the north-east:
• A lot of money is wasted when the kitchen of the house is in the north-east. Unwanted expenses keep coming in.
• The house always remains messy and unclean if the kitchen is in the north east. This in turn puts a negative impact in the health of the people residing in such a house.
• Children of the house are not able to concentrate in their studies and their grades keep deteriorating.
• Marriages get broken, both old and new ones.
• Enormous hospital bills and expenses are incurred as people of the house are always suffering from some kind of health issues.
• Women of these houses are never happy; they are always dull and sad.
• Any remedy without expert advice is not complete. Hence, one should seek the consultation of a renowned and highly educated Vastu consultant like Dr. Puneet Chawla who would guide you through every calamity and provide the best advice to you and your family.
• Placing a North-East Direction Yantra on the North-East zone of the house can rectify the Vastu defects present therein. This Yantra is highly result-oriented and effective. Dr. Puneet Chawla and his team have formulated and energized this for the optimum use and benefit to their followers.
• A yellow color theme should be used for the kitchen to nullify the effect
• Placing a northeast kitchen box, energized by Dr. Puneet Chawla, to get rid of anxiety and stress and negative energies present therein. This box contains energies and crystals which suck up the negative energy present in the toilet.
• Burning the live Vaastu Camphor in the north-east kitchen at sunset everyday destroys all negative forces present in the kitchen, making it positive and healthy.
North-East Kitchen: Common Problems and Side Effects
1. Financial Problems: Whatever money that comes in is spent on unwanted expenses i.e. a lot of money gets wasted.
2. Cluttered House: Kitchen in North-East never allows a house to be clean and clutter free, the house always looks like a mess. This even has negative impact on financial health of occupants.
3. Study: Students won’t be able to concentrate on studies. No matter how much efforts they put in, their results remain mediocre.
4. Marriage: Arranging a marriage becomes a herculean task as marriages get broken without any reason.
5. Health: People who earn money and aged residents, always suffer from health ailments. This leads to enormous hospital bills and expenses.
6. Sadness for Women: It has been noticed that women in these houses are always worried and sad.
As you might be aware that each and every defect in vastu has certain remedies and North-East kitchen is not an exception. Below is a list of remedies and tips which you can follow to eliminate or at-least reduce the ill effects of this defect.
North-East Kitchen: Vastu Remedies and Tips
1. Keep the gas stove in the South-East corner of present kitchen.
2. Keep the North-East portion of the kitchen empty, clean and clutter free. If possible, slope the building towards North-East corner.
3. If there is any window in North-East part then keep it open at all times. Also, if you can, then provide an exhaust fan (make a round hole in the wall).
4. If possible, extend North-East side of kitchen either to East or North. Make pooja/prayer room or wash area in this extended portion.
5. If extension is not possible then, place the image of Goddess Annapurna in the North-East corner. You can also place a pyramid here.
6. Change the color of kitchen walls to blue or lemon yellow shade.
7. Whatever room is in the South-East corner (the actual place of kitchen), place a table or stool in the South-East corner of that room. Boil milk or cook something daily. This creates an semblance of an auxiliary kitchen in the appropriate place.
8. Place Siddha Vastu Kalash in North-East and worship God Shiva daily.
9. Hang 3 bronze bowls (in upside down position) near the ceiling of the kitchen. Hang 1st bowl at the NE corner, the 2nd towards the left of the 1st bowl and the 3rd bowl towards the right of the 1st bowl. Make sure that none of these bowls are just above the gas stove.
You must also know that apart from location of kitchen in a home, the placement of items within a kitchen is equally important. Read our article to know kitchen vastu and arrangement of items in a kitchen as per vastu shastra.