Discover Chinese palmistry basics with palm reading hand pictures for the palm’s lines’ meanings: the love line, life line, fate line, marriage line…
Palmistry, the study of the palm, is mainly to observe the palm’s shape, color,and lines as well as the length of the fingers.
Some people also take the spirals of the fingers into consideration.
People use itas a way to determine good or bad luck. They believe that palmistry can help them learn about their life and realize more about themselves.
Palmistry has early origins in many regions. According to Brahmanism records and many mural relics in India, palmistry was popular in ancient India.
Palmistry also has a long history in China, since the Zhou Dynasty (1045–256 BC) more than 3,000 years ago.
The first relatively systematic work of palmistry in China appeared in the Western Han Dynasty(206 BC – 9AD). It was considered to be a part of the physiognomy.
The Four Aspects of Palmistry Indicates
1. Innate conditions:
family background and resources
2. Work andlife status:
the relationship between parents and colleagues in work
3. Physical state:
The conditionof one’s health
one’s fate and characteristics
Left Hand or Right Hand
Normally, most people have questions that each hand can answer depending on how they affect the palmist’s decision.
In palmistry, the left hand relates to congenital information while the right hand relates to postnatal information. The right hand takes priority in the palmist’s estimates.
To be clear, the right palm is used to determine 80% of a reading and the left palm determines the other 20%.
Overall, when conducting palmistry, a palmist mainly uses the right palm and then adds or subtracts from the information according to the readings from the left palm.
Five Lines on a Palm
- Life line: Also called the “earth line”, it’s the line that extends around the thumb and it reflects one’s health and physical vitality.
- Wisdom line: Also called the “human line”, it stretches from the middle of the thumb and index finger to the palm’s other side.It usually looks like it’s dividing the palm and reflects a person’s mentality and personality.
- Love line: Also called the “heaven line”, it’s the linethat stretches under the little finger to the index finger.It reflects one’s love life and attitude.
- Fate line: Also called the “career line”, it’s the line that stretches from the wrist to the middle finger.It reflects one’s fortune and career.
- Marriage line: It’s a short line between the love line and the little finger. It reflects one’s romantic relationships and marriage.
Three Types of Wrinkles
It’s the junction of two short lines in the palm.The reading varies with different parts of the palm.
It’s the junction of three or more lines. The specific meanings depend on their position.
This kind of wrinkle appears with five lines. It normally has abad meaning and the specific information depends on which line the wrinkle ison.
A Special Kind of Palmistry
It’s the phenomenon that the life line, wisdom line, and love line approach each other simultaneously so that it looks like just one line cutting the palm.
There is a saying in China that a man with a cutting-palm will have a career while a woman will bring bad luck to her family.
Take Palmistry Rationally
It’s not necessary to be addicted to reading your palms to evaluate your character or future. Palmistry has very volatile characteristics. It can be changed by many factors.
Try to resolve your problems by making a concerted effort rather than believing it’s “fate’s arrangement”.