Universe is one of the beautiful creations of nature and everything stands alive only in the limelight of truth. Just like every subject of human aspect is governed with rules, regulations acts, similarly the art of worshipping has got certain key factor principles to attain all its benefits.
While planning a house, due to the space constraints, many people tend to ignore a separate pooja room but we must not sideline the need to make a place for GOD. Thus by creating a room for worshipping, we are creating a room to get charged with positive vibrations every morning and that energy will energize our environment, mind, body and soul. Our work efficiency will increase and so the progress, prosperity and peace.
This room should be designed carefully because when you do meditation, you should gain the positive energies and then you can feel charged. If it is in the wrong direction, then no matter how much meditation you do, you will not feel charged. There are certain rules which one must follow before the commencement of designing a pooja room.
The right position of the puja room
According to the ancient study of architecture, Vastu Shastra, the northeast is the perfect location to place a puja room. The east, the north and the northeast can also be taken as the directions for the placement of a puja room. Directions other than these should be avoided. Special puja can be performed in the centre of the house.
Designing a puja room
- Doors and windows should be in the north and east direction. The doors should have two shutters without any door closer.
- The floor of the puja room should be white or off-white marble.
- The cupboard for storing things should be positioned in the South or West of the puja room.
- It is positive to have a threshold in your puja room.
- It is vital to have a ventilator.
- White, light yellow or light blue color can be used in the puja room.
Interiors of puja room
- Idols should be placed in the north-east direction of the puja room and an inch away from walls. The idols should not be facing each other and the door of the puja room.
- Kalash or water body should be placed in the north or the east of the room.
- Deepak, lamp and Agni Kund should be placed in the southeast direction.
Things to avoid in puja room
- Puja room should not be placed within the bedroom
- It should not be placed on the ground floor or on the first floor or in the basement. Placement of puja room above, below or next to the toilet or kitchen is not permissible as per Vastu.
- It should not be positioned under the stairs.
- Placement of broken idols in the puja room must be avoided.
- Prayers should be offered while facing the east.
- Photos of dead people should be avoided in the puja room.
- There should be only one puja room in the house and it should not be used for storage and other purposes.
- Do not sleep in your puja Ghar.