Did you know that you can meditate on the chakras with a Reiki meditation? The universal life force of Reiki provides deep relaxation, which is very helpful for the body organs. The chakras are “wheels” of energy which control the body organs. Upon energizing these energy centers, we not only heal ourselves but also strengthen these centers.
Visualizing the Reiki energy flowing through every cell in your body is a highly effective starting point. Feel it flowing out around you in your chair. As you continue to breathe, feel it flowing into the room and then the residence you are in, filling it with Reiki energy. Feel it intensify as the Reiki energy flows outside onto the property and beyond into the neighborhood. See it filling the region in which you reside and then beyond into the country, then whole globe and finally out into the cosmos.
Other than this, there are a few things you can do to prepare before getting started. Divine Lotus Healing suggests:
- Drawing the power symbol (if you are attuned to it) over your body before beginning
- Drawing the mental/emotional symbol (if you are attuned to it) over your body before beginning
- Drawing the master symbol (if you are attuned to it) over your body before beginning
- Drawing the distance healing symbol (if you are attuned to it) over your body before beginning
- Listening to soft, inspiring music
- Chanting a mantra
- Writing a goal and ask for clarification to come to you through the sitting session
- Asking for guidance to come to you about an issue you are currently experiencing
This meditation is taken from Reiki—the Healing Touch. According to their site, it was brought to us from Reiki master Renu Kakkar, which was passed to her by her Reiki teacher, who got it from his previous Reiki teacher, and so on. Therefore, it’s unknown how old this meditation actually is.
Phase 1: Preparation
- Set the stage with OM chants or light music.
- Sit down in a relaxed manner on a straight back chair or crossed-legged, whichever suits you. Hold your hands palm upwards on your knees in a comfortable position, such as in a prayer form or in your lap.
- Close your eyes and say OM three times.
Phase 2: Relaxation
- Take a deep breath. Close your eyes slightly, just listen to the sounds. Do not try to identify them. Tell yourself that your senses are getting relaxed.
- It’s time to relax your mind. Take a deep breath in through the nose and out through the mouth. Keep breathing deeper and deeper like this three times. To go into deeper relaxation, count down from 10 to 1 slowly.
- Now relax your body’s organs one by one. While relaxing them, thank them for their support and request them to do so throughout your life, in a healthy way.
- Relax the right toes, right foot, right ankle, the right leg, the right knee, right thigh and the right hip.
- Relax the left toes, left foot, left ankle, left leg, left knee, left thigh, left hip.
- Now relax your pelvic region, and the organs there. Relax the back muscles, relax the abdomen, relax the stomach, liver on the right side and the spleen on the left, then relax the gall bladder and the pancreas bowels in the center and the kidneys at the back.
- Now relax the chest, heart and lungs. Feel them completely relaxed. Now relax the entire rib cage and the shoulder blades. Feel them completely relax.
- Relax the right shoulder, right upper arm, right elbow right forearm, right hand and the right fingers.
- Now relax the left shoulder, left upper arm, left elbow, left forearm, left hand and the left fingers. Now your left upper limb from the left shoulder to the left fingertips is fully relaxed.
- Relax the neck muscles from the front and back. Relax the face muscles around the mouth the eyes and the forehead. Relax the eyes the mouth and also the skull and muscles.
- Now your total body is completely relaxed. All muscles and all the organs from the head to toes are completely relaxed. Release yourself into the relaxation of the body and mind.
- In this state repeat silently, “I have full faith in Reiki. Reiki will energize and heal me.”
Phase 3: Energize
- Take a deep breath; inhale through the mouth and exhale through the nose.
- Visualize a beautiful golden glowing ball floating above the top of your head. See it float down and blend with the violet chakra of the head. See the golden violet rays spreading to the various systems, energizing the nervous system and the right eyes.
- Say to yourself silently, “I am divinely protected, guided and at peace.”
- Now imagine the golden ball gently separate from the violet chakra and float down to merge with the brow chakra. Watch it blend with the beautiful indigo wheel of the brow chakra. Visualize the golden indigo rays energizing the pituitary, hypothalamus, nose, the left eye and ears and repeat to yourself mentally, “I am open to new ideas, people and situations and follow my gut feelings.”
- See the golden ball separate from the brow chakra and slowly floating and descending into the glowing blue wheel of the throat chakra. Imagine the golden blue rays energizing the entire throat, upper lungs, digestive track, bronchial and upper stomach areas. Say to yourself, “I feel safe to express my feelings. I love, trust and respect my creative gifts.”
- Now imagine the golden ball all separate and descend into the glowing green wheel of the heart chakra. See the golden green ray flow into the thymus, heart, blood, lower lungs, upper liver and arms. Repeat to yourself, “Love is the purpose of my life. It is everywhere.”
- Now see the golden ball separate and enter the solar plexus chakra and blend with the yellow wheel there and spread the golden yellow rays into the entire digestive system, pancreas, liver, gall bladder, intestines and spleen. Repeat to yourself, “I trust my worthiness. I am worthy of the best in life.”
- Now imagine the golden ball separate from the solar plexus chakra and floating down to the sacral chakra, to the orange wheel found three fingers from the navel. Imagine the golden ball blending with the orange wheel and the golden orange rays pass into the entire reproductive system. Say to yourself, “What I do is enough, what I have is enough.”
- Now see the golden ball separate and floating down to the base chakra, the seat of Kundalini energy. See it blending with to the red colored wheel. The golden red rays are spreading into the entire excretory system and energizing the kidneys bladder, spine and lower limbs. Feel the warmth. Repeat, “I am safe and secure all the time. I love my feet, they show me the way. I love my legs they support me.”
- Continue breathing in through the nose, out through the nose. Feel totally at peace. Feel the centers all flowing with abundance of love. All disruptive emotions have flown away. You are calm, fully relaxed and grounded.
- Now imagine that all light is surrounding you. Feel your aura expanding and being protected with white light. No negative energy can harm you. You are fully protected.
- Now you are fully energized with Reiki. Imagine yourself in front of yourself. Pass Reiki to yourself. Heal yourself, your family members. Forgive yourself, your family members.
- Now with Riki energize the 5 elements. Imagine the earth in your hands, thank the earth, energize the earth and bless the earth with Reiki. Imagine water in your hands, thank the water, energize the water and bless the water with Reiki energy. Now imagine the fire in your hands, thank the fire, energize the fire and bless the fire with Reiki. Now imagine the air in your hands, thank the air, energize the air and bless the air with Reiki energy. Imagine the space/sun/stars/moon/planets in your hands, thank the space and energize the space with Reiki energy.
- Your meditation is now over. Return slowly from your head, your ears, your torso, and your legs to the tips of your toes. Stretch your arms and legs slowly. Slowly open your eyes and become aware of the environment. You are fully charged and feel fine in every aspect.
What Is Reiki?
In the 1920s, a Japanese Buddhist monk named Mikao Usui devised a system of natural healing called Reiki. Reiko approach towards healing is unique. It involves using your hands to transfer restoring life energies into the body, healing it physically and mentally. The word ‘Reiki’ means ‘spiritually guided life force energy.’
This technique urges the practitioner to be aware of and responsible for the Reiki process as the tradition firmly believes that the healing is quicker when the practitioner is completely involved. Anybody can try Reiki irrespective of their age, mind and body capabilities. One of Reiko most important technique is Reiki meditation. Let’s look at it now
With the stress of keeping up with our chaotic schedules, an influx of hundreds of overwhelming ideas, and a wall-sized to-do list bombarding our minds, our bodies hold the physical load of each one of these worries and troubles in a mental and physical gridlock. However, you can learn to release the body from this metaphysical bondage by feeling the clarity and healing of Reiki meditation.
With a mere shallow dive into the waters of stress research, you will quickly find a mountain of validation that stress is one of the greatest obstacles to living a long and healthy life.
Global health organizations, including the World Health Organization, have all brought awareness and warning to the dangers of stress on the body, mind, and (although less researched) the spirit.
Claims of the perfect cure for stress have come in the form of pharmaceutical medications, exercise, eating right, and a thousand others. Today, we are going to explore a few techniques of an ultra-effective practice of stress relief, using Reiki meditation.
What is Reiki Meditation?
All forms of meditation have one of two focuses: either to clear your mind, or focus it on a certain subject. Reiki Meditation differs from the others by having that focus on the energy and power of Reiki.
Reiki is the flowing and all-encompassing energy of the universe. Reiki energy flows through you all and through all things. Reiki therapy is the act of using intention and hands to move energy in the body and create healing.
Reiki Meditation is the isolation of the intention part of the Reiki practice. In Reiki meditation, you concentrate and focus on the universal energy force of Reiki in yourself and all around you. Through this process, you are able to feel, connect with, and manipulate Reiki energy. This will create tranquility, healing, and vitality in your body, mind, and soul.