Having a house is a dream come true, but when it comes to constructing a house, there are many things which are to be considered. A person has to plan according to the budget and the latest styles that are in trend. But, there are some things no matter how much the world becomes modern do not change and are compulsory for the house such as having a septic tank.
What is a Septic Tank?
A septic tank is an area in the house where all the waste material of the house, from kitchen wastes to human wastages is collected and flushed out altogether. Every day there are many different types of works are going on in the house which results in wastages. Are you going to collect that wastage? Where will you throw the wastage now and then? Well, it is practically impossible to collect the wastage caused by kitchen work and humans that is why there are septic tanks installed in the houses. It collects the wastages and keeps on flushing them time to time to keep the working smooth.
Even many people, who are ardent believers of Vastu Shastra, construct their septic tank according to the guidelines stated.
Have you ever thought why it is important to construct and fix the tank according to Vastu?
The septic tank is said to be prone to negativity and evil things. It is an area in the house that consists of wastages thus holds a lot of negativity which can cause harm to the place. There are chances that the negativity stored in the tank is prolonged for a long period which can be hazardous for the house. Placing the septic tank according to the guidelines stated in Vastu Shastra cut back the negativity and does not allow any evil thing to enter into the house. Vastu Shastra protects the house from any negative interference and suffering, thus having fixed the septic tank according to Vastu is important.
Here are some of the tips given in Vastu Shastra for the septic tank, have a look and bid adieu to negativity from the house:
1.Correct Location for the Tank:
The correct location according to the rules of Vastu Shastra comes by dividing the north area into nine equal parts. Once the side is divided, then place the septic tank in the third part of the North-west direction. Apart from the north-west, avoid all the other locations as each location comes with its consequence. In case, the tank is installed in the wrong direction; one can suffer from physical, financial and mental losses. By any chance the tank is located in the wrong place, it is best to close the tank by doing pooja of Hanuman Chalisa and then construct a new one.
2. Distance from the Wall:
There must be at least two feet distance between the wall and the tank as it saves the wall from getting affected by moisture. Make sure the tank does not directly touch the compound of the wall. Also, keep a check that the tank is divided into three equal parts, and the water should be on east side whereas excretion on the west side.
3.Dimensions of the Tank:
While constructing and fixing the tank it is very important to keep a check on the dimensions of the area as well as the tank. When it comes to checking the dimensions of the tank, the length of the tank must be in the east-west direction whereas the breadth in the south-north direction. Opposite directions can lead to physical and mental problems thus meant to be avoided
4.Level for the Tank:
It is advisable to construct the septic tank at ground level. Avoid constructing the tank higher than the plinth level of the building as it can be a hindrance to the growth.
5.The outlet of the Tank:
According to Vastu Shastra, the best bet is to have the outlet of the tank in the north or west directions.
6.The positioning of the Pipes:
While positioning the pipes of the toilet and bathroom, the outlet must be in the west or north-west direction. On the other hand, when it comes to the outlet of the Kitchen pipes, diverting them in the east or north direction is the best.
7.Directions to Avoid:
No matter if space is less or there is any other problem, avoid installing pipes in the south direction at any cost. In case, the outlet is in the south direction, make sure to divert the pipes to the east or north direction. The gutter of the building can be in the north, east or west direction but having it fixed in the south direction is a big no. In case, if a person is living in a multi-story building, try to avoid the south-west corner for the drainage pipes as it brings bad luck, and a person has to suffer a lot.
To conclude, a house is not complete with a proper septic tank installed in the right direction. To live a happy, healthy, stress-free and wealthy life make sure you follow the above guidelines and enters into your dream house with a wide smile.
- Septic tank must never face northeast, south-east, or southwest corner.
- It should not directly touch the compound wall. In fact, the tank must be at least two feet away from the wall.
- If there is a scarcity of space, the tank must be in the northern corner of the west. However, make sure that the tank is at least two feet away from the wall of your compound.
- As per Vastu for septic tank, the length of the tank must be in the east-west, while the breadth should be in the south-north.
- Never construct the tank higher than the level of the house. Best is to build it on the ground floor.
- The outlet of such tanks must be in the west or north.
- If we divide the northern side into nine parts, the tank must fall in the third part from the north-west.
- The septic tank has three parts. Preferably, water must be in the eastern part and the outlet for excretion must be in the west.
Things To Keep In Mind
- You should never have outlets in the south. However, in case the vent is in the southern direction it must be turned to north or east.
- Bathroom and kitchen pipes must have their outlets in the north or east direction.
- The bathroom pipes and toilet pipes must be diverted to the north-west or west direction.
- The gutter can be in any other direction except for the south.
- Pipes that come from the upper floor must never be in the south-west corner.