Vastu Shastra plays an important role in deciding the location of your house as well as the items placed inside your house. Not only does it help in aligning good vibes with the directions of your furniture and doors but guides us the rules where few things should and shouldn’t be kept at one’s abode. People love decorating their homes with pictures and portraits of various things, plants like tulsi, etc. However, is your positioning of keeping plants is wrong then this habit may not always result in your benefit. Acharya Indu Prakash talks about the directions which are considered auspicious to keep the Tulsi plant.
According to Vastu Shastra, the north, north-east or east direction should be selected for the basil plant in the house. This creates positive energy in the house and helps in destroying negative energy. However, it should be kept in mind that the basil plant should not be planted in the south direction of the house. Otherwise, you may have to face the loss. Therefore, on the basis of Vastu Shastra, you should try to keep the Tulsi plant only after choosing the right direction.
The Tulsi plant has a special significance in Hinduism. Planting a basil plant at home gives auspicious results. According to Vastu Shastra, if the Tulsi plant is kept in the wrong direction then it can affect our life negatively. If you keep these things in mind then it will have a positive effect on you. According to Vastu Shastra, the north-east direction is considered to be the direction of Kuber, the god of wealth. So to increase the economic condition of the house, Tulsi should be planted in the north-east direction. Meanwhile, have a look at the video for more such tips:
What is the ideal location to plant Tulsi:
Worshiping and taking regular care of the Tulsi plant results in long life and prosperity in the family. But make sure you follow the rules of Vastu Shastra to bring in the prosperity to your home. According to Vastu Shastra, the ideal location for the Tulsi plant is where it can get sufficient sunlight. If you are planning to locate Tulsi in your home, go through the following tips and suggestions:
- The ideal location for a Tulsi plant is the eastern side of your house and if it is not possible, then find a balcony or a window in the north or north-east direction of your house.
- The plant should be located on a platform and make sure the platform of the plant is higher than the foundation of your home.
- In order to keep harmony with the basic rules of Vastu Shastra, make sure to keep the plant neat and clean. The areas should be empty and must not be covered with clutter, mops, brooms or any of the unused things.
- This auspicious plant should be kept in odd numbers such as one, three, five, etc.
- Additionally, the plant should not be grown with cactus or any other plant that belongs to thorny species.
The easiest way to make your house Vastu compliant is to plant Tulsi in the specified direction. It will bring peaceful vibrations to your house, and you can also avail of the numerous health benefits from the astonishing plant.
Let us know about the benefits of Tulsi
Also known as holy basil, the useful plant belongs to the mint family and regarded to be highly beneficial from religious as well as medicinal point of view.
The most common plant of Indian household Tulsi is potent in health benefits. Leaves and roots of Tulsi plants are widely used in making varied medical formulations.
Take a look:
- The plant is enriched with antibacterial and antibiotic properties that help in boosting the immune system.
- Tulsi leaves help in fighting varied bacterial infections, thus people suffering from fever often finding Tulsi tea helpful in speedy recovery.
- Tulsi contains powerful antioxidant properties that are good for the heart, diabetes and stress issues.
- Apart from fighting with dreadful diseases, the plant contains purifying properties which help us in getting glowing skin and healthy hair.
Tulsi leaves are generally offered to Gods during prayers, which is an inseparable part of our ancient traditions. Worshiping the plant gives us the strength to fight evils and sinful activities prevailing in the society. The significance can be seen in the fact that any house is considered to be incomplete without a Tulsi plant in it.
If there is any flaw in Vastu Shastra of your house then there will always be some problem in your house. For this, you should then plant basil in the south-east direction. If the basil plant dries then it should be put in a river or a nearby well. If you cannot do this, then the plant should be pressed into the pot of soil.