We have all heard the adage that ‘health is wealth’. But is it true? Our work as Astroarchitects involves visiting various premises to help our clients balance the indoor energy to get desired results. We have always observed that poor health by far bypasses the stress of low money inflow. Therefore it is important to understand how our house affects our health. Here are some essential Vastu tips.
Vastu Tips: The Science Behind it
In traditional Vastu, southeast is considered as the ‘Agni kone’ or the fire center of your house. It is the hot and burning sector that effects health and hence generally the kitchen is allotted to this direction. But what if instead of a kitchen, you have a bedroom or an entrance in this direction? If you need to change it, would it be possible to do so if you live in a high rise? In our 34 years of research and practice, we have studied that all these things can easily be balanced with the right use of plants and colors. Also, one must keep in mind that Vastu as a science was developed at a time when there was no electricity. So the directions were fixed according to the movement of the sun and wind.
Vastu Tips: It’s In The Name
We believe that it is the name of the owner or tenant of the house that determines the health corner rather than the direction. In such a scenario it becomes difficult to give specific instructions for everyone. However, there are general tips that you can follow to help improve the general well-being of the members in your house.
Vastu Tips: Choose the Right Colours
Chrome yellow and bright orange have the capacity to absorb negative energies. In places that are always cluttered, no matter how much you clean up, or in places that have constant leakage problems, use these colours either by painting the walls or placing elements like candles, towels, artificial flowers, etc., in those areas. Also, if you have a depression-afflicted or allergy-prone member in your house, use these colours on their bed, either as a pillow cover or bed sheet. It will help reduce negativity.
Vastu Tips: Go Green
We generally recommend either drooping downwards or growing upwards money plants in specific areas of the house—these areas we can identify only after studying the house. So avoid using a very healthy money plant that is either growing upward on a moss stick or drooping downwards in your household, as it can have a negative effect. Generally, it is essential that one keeps any other indoor plants to help with the well-being of the members.
Vastu Tips: Constant Circulation
Ensure there are enough sunlight and air circulation in the house. In situations where that is not possible, keep the interiors well-lit by using bright lights. Keep your windows open for a minimum of 2 to 3 hours daily. Also, light a Diya every evening near a water source (where you keep your bottled water or your filtering system) to protect and improve general well-being.
It is advisable to consult a Vaastu Expert, but some useful tips and practical illustration of principles of Vaastu are given here to add to your Health, Wealth, Happiness, and Prosperity. By using these Tips, You can Change Your Destiny for the Better.
- Keep all electrical/heat-generating appliances in the SE corner of the room.
- Do not construct a kitchen, toilets, and prayer room (puja-room) next to one another.
- The kitchen should not be directly in front of the main door.
- Do not keep broken mirrors, and watches and electrical gadgets which are either lying idle or out of order in the house.
- Mirrors, sinks, wash-basins, and taps should preferably be along the NE wall.
- The safe should open towards the north or the east. So, keep it along the south or the west.
- The toilet seat should preferably be along the North-South axis. The septic tank can be in the NW or the SE corner of the House.
- Avoid having a garbage dump, street-light pole, or boulders in front of the main gate or door.
- Your main door should not be opposite the main door of another house.
- The number of doors and windows should be more on the ground floor and less on the upper floor.
- The image of Gajalaxmi at the main door is considered auspicious.
- The north-east corner is the face house and should always be kept clean.
- While cleaning the floor with any disinfectant, a little sea salt should be added.
- Students should study facing the north or east.
- Do not sit or sleep under a beam.
- Do not keep or hang paintings depicting war, crime, violence, unrest, agony, or distress.
- Construct the front door in such a manner as to avoid the fall of a shadow on it.
- Grow a tulsi or basil plant in front of the house.
- Do not have any cactus in the house. Having it outside the boundary is good.
- Rainwater or drainage should flow towards NE-East-North.
- Material to be used in the construction of a house or even commercial building should always be new, except when renovating.
- Elderly people are always more comfortable in the South-West corner.
- The height of the building should be reduced from the SW to the NE.
- Walls along the SW should be thicker as compared to walls along the NE.
- Bhumi-puja ceremony should be performed before commencing the construction of a new house and the Griha-Pravesh ceremony before shifting into it.
- Do not have a toilet or prayer room (puja room) under a staircase.
- Do not dig well in the middle of a house or plot. It is very inauspicious.
- Never accept money between two fingers, as this is considered as cutting of further inflow of wealth. Accept the money with five fingers.
- Check the sound of your doorbell. If it sounds irritating, family members will be short-tempered. If it has a dull sound, the energy level of the house will be low. The doorbell should be pleasing and soothing.
- Any exposed floor marble or tile was broken in your house could be the cause of a broken relationship among family members. Put a carpet to cover the broken marble/tile or replace it for immediate results.
- A tree or an electric/telephone pole facing your main door or windows could cause the poor health of family members. Place a convex mirror on the outer wall facing that tree for protection from the bad soul.
- Have the name number plate of your house on the main entrance to enable the opportunities to trace you easily. It is a good idea to give a Name to the residence also. Lighting the nameplate increases the effect manifold.
- Never sit with your back facing the main door. This can cause back-biting, deceit, betrayal in life. Unwanted guests may be given such seats.
- To retain the money in the house, put a 3 leg frog facing its back to the main door for better saving.
- Having a toilet/fireplace in the North-East corner of the house can ruin it financially besides mental tension quarrel amongst people.
- Keep your mirrors clean, dust and dirt reduce the effectiveness of mirrors. Try to keep the paintwork fresh, and replace any blown bulbs as quickly as possible. Keep your windows clean and replace any cracked or broken glass.
- Moving Water attracts positive energy and money. Consider placing a small ornamental fountain or aquarium in your North direction for wonderful results.
- In the office, the temple should not be placed at the back of the owner’s seat. The central point of an office or factory should be empty.
- In-office, Never sit with the owner back facing the main door. Unwanted guests/visitors should be given such a seat. It results in a lack of strength and a sense of fear and insecurity.
- There should not be three or more doorways in a straight line. Having an improper position of the entrance/obstruction in front of the gate can reduce the prosperity to a great extent.
- Doors should be made leaving South/Southwest/West direction.
- Rooms like drawing-room in North/East direction.
- The directions North, North-East, East, Brahma that should be kept light, clean, and open. South, South-West, West should be kept heavy.
- More even numbers of Balcony, Verandahs, and Windows should be in the North / Northeast / East direction.
- Pillars should be in even numbers and should not come on the sensitive points of Brahma that.
- The main gate should be bigger than the other internal doors. The main entrance gate is allowed in any directions, except the southwest direction.
- It is very difficult to leave Brahma than open, so lobby/drawing/dining hall should be constructed there.
- To balance the harmonious soul and to avoid tension and illness in the house, do not keep rubber plants, bonsai, cactus, or milk-producing plants in the house.
- Never sit or sleep under a projected beam to avoid depression, headache, and loss of memory.
- Never keep the non-working, un-repaired device or damaged watch, telephone, radio, mixer, spoiled ball pens, cassettes, etc. in the house.
- Keeping a picture of High Altitude Mountains without water in South-West will enhance stability and help to overcome insecurity.
- Check if any marble or tile is broken in your office. This could result in broken relationships with partners or customers. Either put carpet to cover the broken marble/tiles or preferably replace it.
- To improve the Sales, Stick three coins tied with red ribbon on sales file or invoice book or order book.
- Conference room or a boardroom should be in the East or West direction. Take new decisions in East direction and they will rise to great heights liking a rising Sun.
- The kitchen is the second-best place after North-East for performing Pooja. Choose North-East corner of the Kitchen for putting an idol of the deity.
- Remove medicines from the kitchen and shift it to the living room, preferably at Pooja place.
- Never put a mirror in front of the bed or attached to the bed. Cover it while sleeping to avoid bad dreams and ensuring a healthy sleep.
- Wooden beds without box (for storage) are the best for sleeping. Avoid metal beds (wrought Iron) etc. as it may lead to health problems related to the heart and brain.
- A wall poster having mountains/snow-clad peaks of mountains (without water). on the South-West wall of the bedroom can add immense strength and stability in life.
- To improve the studies, Put Crystal Globe and Education Tower on the North-East corner of the study table or room for an excellent performance.
- Toilet in West of South-West direction is best. It can be made in North of North-West or West of North-West direction also.
- Overhead Water Tank should be in South/South-West/South direction.
- Septic Tank in West of South-West/North-West is the best direction.
- The basement should be made under the whole building or partially in the North/Northeast/East direction. Small Garden
- If a factory or a house has a wrongly faced boring direction, a Panchmukhi Hanumanji picture can be placed facing the borings south-west.
- The place of seat arrangement for managers, executives, and directors must be located in the south, west, and southwestern direction of the office premises.
- As per the Vastu principles, it is really good to set the accounts department in a southeast direction.
- The appropriate place to set the reception is in the northeastern direction of the office.
- With respect to Vastu principles, it is good to seat the employees facing the north or eastern direction.
- The central portion of the office must be set empty.
- As per the Vastu principles, it is good to place a rectangular desk for the MD.
- Placing a bore-well or fixing tank in the direction of the south is not really recommended. This will affect the owner with less and insufficient cash flow.
- The best and right direction to keep the storeroom is on the northwest and southeast location.
- It is recommended to set the marketing department in the direction of the northwest.
- Fixing of some idols or images of God and Goddess in the right location of mirrors will bring you improved financial gains.
- Setting a water fountain in the location of the northeast of the office premises is really good and recommended.
- The right place to set your kitchen is in the south-east corner. If you never find an apt position, then you can avail of the alternative of locating it in the north-west corner.
- Building kitchen in north-east, mid-west, mid-north, mid-south, south-west, or in the center is strictly not recommended, as they are out of Vastu norms.
- Ensure that the cooking area never touches the sidewall of the northern or eastern side
- Place the idols of God and Goddess in the right direction
- Stick close with the door placement
- Strictly avoid using the proscribed raw material while constructing the puja room
- The right direction to set your master bedroom is on the south-west
- Ensure to place your head positioning towards the direction of the south corner. Placing head towards north is not recommended, as it will badly disturb your sleep
- Keep your bedroom away from setting diving idols
- It is best to construct plots where lands are fertile with plants and greeneries.
- It should be ensured that no cemetery, tomb, or graveyard lie close to the plot either front or back.
- Construct your house in such a way it admits bright light into the main doorway
- It is really advisable to allow 5 doors of a maximum opening
- Setting television in the bedroom area is not recommended
- Keep the plants and water sport far from your bedroom
- Never split bed sheet and bed mattresses
- Set your house furniture in the form of circle, square, or as an octagon
- Keep the corners bright
- It is good to fix an image of bright sun in the southern wall of the living area 15.
- Construct your bedroom, where wind must blow from south to west
- Your house dinning hall must never get exposed to the entrance door of the house
- It is good to set your windows opened towards out face
- It is good to place the fish aquarium in the southeast corner in your living area
- It is good to stick a happy family photograph or picture inside your living room