According to Vastu Shastra, the south-west direction, also known as the Nairutya corner, denotes the earth elements and is governed by Rahu, one of the fiercest planets, as per Vedic astrology. The south-west corner also represents the stability of your household and, therefore, it is important for you to balance all the elements in this region, to ensure happiness and prosperity at home. However, if there is a cut in this corner or any other major Vastu defect, it can create disturbance in your home. It can also invite unexpected expenses and cause mental stress. Therefore, it is important for you to keep this section heavier than any other part of your home and place things that can bring the benefits of the earth elements.
Vastu defects in south-west direction
- Toilet in the south-west.
- Kitchen in the south-west.
- A cut in the south-west direction.
- Cut/extension, large opening/windows in the west.
- Home entrance or main door in the south-west.
- Borewell or underground water tank in the south-west.
- Living or drawing room in the south-west.
Vastu remedies for south-west corner
- If there is a cut in the south-west direction, place heavy furniture or items in this corner, as it will help you in countering the negative effects.
- Place beautiful and pleasant paintings of earthy elements on the walls in the south-west corner.
- If you can, repaint the south-west wall in peach or light brown color or other earthy shades.
- You can also place a Rahu Yantra in the south-west corner.
- Place Vastu pyramids in all directions as this will attract positive energy and help in countering the negative energy generated, because of this Vastu defect.
Vastu tips for south-west corner
- For financial stability, place your jewelry, money, and other important financial documents in the south-west corner. According to Vastu experts, anything kept in this direction tends to multiply.
- For vaults placed in this direction, ensure that the opening of the vault does not face the south or the west direction, as it could result in heavy expenses.
- To avert financial problems and heavy expenses, the main safe and lockers should open in the north or the north-east direction.
- For financial success, place a red cloth inside the safe, along with a Citrine crystal as it attracts wealth and prosperity.
- Never install a toilet in the south-west corner as it can result in financial losses and monetary instability.
- Avoid a property that has a door facing the south-west, as it can invite struggles and misfortunes.
- Place a glass filled with water and salt in the south-west corner of the house. Also, place a red-colored bulb above it so that whenever the bulb is switched on, it reflects on the glass.
- If your main entrance of the house is in the south-west direction, make sure the number of doors and windows inside the house are even in number.
- If you have a main door in the south-west direction, you can place a Ganesha idol near the entrance.