Like a south facing, vastu of west facing house/plot also needs careful planning. Proper planning of west-facing properties involves understanding the location of the main door, kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms, windows, and its shape. We have seen not a few, but a large number of homes having west or south door were fortunate in creating a prosperous and peaceful life. Hence locating the main door at an auspicious block in any direction is important for the house to become an auspicious successful house.
Vastu suggestions or Vastu Shastra Tips for West facing House
- Avoid plot with T junction on any side of the project. T junction property falls in “Major Vastu Defect Category”.
- Correct existing property with T junction at west by the Vastu remedies by using Vastu partitions, Vastu strips, and brass strips.
- Avoid plot with Veedhi schools (road ending) at the south-west side of the plot. Street focus can be dangerous for health in this zone.
- Do not provide any slope towards the west as this will create disputes with partners. It may also result in a robbery in the house having a slope at the west.
- Create a slope towards the northeast zone of the plot to enhance the energy of the opposite direction
- Improve the site energy by making a borewell or underground tank towards the northeast zone. Excellent quality of life is guaranteed in a house having a strong water body in the northeast zone (subject to all other placements also as per Vastu).
- Energize the plot by installing Vastu gems under the pyramids of different metals. It should be placed according to the directions.
- Avoid any projection in the plot (Except Northeast to the extent of 10%)
- The height and width of the compound wall of such properties should be based on the size of the constructed area or plot.
- Avoid obstacles like a tree, pole, pillar, etc. in front of the main gate.
Vastu suggestions or Vastu Shastra Tips for West facing House
- Get protected for west facing house by installing lead pyramids at the south-west and the Brass pyramid at the north-west zone
- Make sure that the internal arrangement during the construction period is made according to the Vastu guidelines. Bedrooms, toilets, kitchen, living area, staircase and also prayer room should be designed according to Vastu guidelines.
- More windows towards the north and east help in balancing the energy flow.
- Avoid property having a pillar or staircase in the center of the house.
- Get Vastu evaluation and Vastu strength evaluated before you buy a west facing flat or villa. Property with 70% or more score is ideal for west facing the house.
Some serious vastu defects in the west zone:-
- Lower level at the west
- T junction at West
- Missing west Zone
- Extended west zone
- Roof slope towards the west
- Balcony or terrace at in a west
Enhancing vastu as well as making vastu corrections (remedies):
- Enhance house facing west by placing a brass door pyramid under the entrance plate.
- Enhance villa or house facing west by placing a right hand shankha filled with water in the northeast to enhance peaceful vibrations in the house.
- Purify home once a week with mountain salt twice a week for fresh, energetic vibrations.
- For T junction at west, use brass helix with brass pyramid facing a T junction.
- Missing west zone or slope towards the west can be corrected by installing Vastu wind chime in the west window (Vastu element – wind)
- An extended west can be rectified by Vastu partition strips to cut off the extension.
- House having a roof towards the west can be corrected by fixing a Vastu copper arrow in reverse direction under the roof.
Like home, west facing shop or west facing offices need careful planning to avail maximum benefits of Vaastu Shastra. Our experts are available to prepare west facing house plan using a research-oriented space healing methods.
Let’s have a look at some of the Tips given in Vastu Shastra for West Facing Plots:
Every property comes with an entrance. When it comes to a west facing plot, Vastu advises dividing the length of the house in two parts that is North West and south west. Between these parts, divide the area into nine equal parts. According to Vastu Shastra, third, fourth and fifth pada is best suited for the entrance. Having entrance in these parts bring prosperity to the owner. Also, make sure to place the entrance on the west side to bid adieu to any negativity and evil eyes from the area.
In South facing houses, first and the second pada is used for open space before the entrance. Vastu says that you can place the entrance in first and second pada, but it does not leave any impact.
3.Walls of the plot:
No matter what type of plot is, there are always around the area to protect it from outside damage. Walls are also used to segregate the area and divide it into parts. For the west-facing plots, Vastu advises keeping a check on the walls. It is advisable to keep the south and west side walls thick and strong than the east and north walls. East and north region is often advised to leave open as the sun rays enter, on the other hand, west and south areas seem to be prone to negativity thus having thick walls is considered auspicious.
4.Placement for Kitchen:
Building a kitchen in the right position is very important. The kitchen is the place which brings contentment, satisfaction and prosperity in the house, and when it comes to west facing houses, a kitchen plays a vital role. According to the rules stated in Vastu Shastra, Kitchen must be placed in North West or south-east direction. The first preference must be given to south-east direction, in case, this direction is not available then north-west seem best. Strictly avoid any other position for the Kitchen.
5. Placement for Bedroom:
There are many rooms in the house, from the living room to the pooja room to the master bedroom. Out of all the rooms, Master Bedroom is the most important; it is the room where the owners live. For the west-facing plots, it is considered auspicious to locate the master bedroom in the south-west corner. If there are many floors in the house, then constructing the master bedroom on the top floor is best suited as it brings success, harmony and blessings from ancestors.
6.Placement for Kid’s Room:
Since the master bedroom is for the parents and owners of the property, there is always a kid’s room for the children. There can be one room for the kids or a separate room for children depending on the need. For the betterment of children, Vastu advises constructing the kid’s room in south, west or north-west direction. These directions enhance concentration and focus in the minds and bring peace in life.
7.Placement of the Guest Bedroom:
If you are willing to have a guest bedroom in the house. For West facing plots, North-west direction is considered auspicious. This direction leads to a happy and short stay and also encourages harmonious relations with family.
8.Sloping of the Plot:
For West facing plots, slopes from south to north is considered auspicious.
West facing plots are somewhat challenging, but there is no such thing that does not come with a solution. Vastu Shastra, the science of architecture, comes up with every solution, all you need is to follow the solution and opt for a west-facing plot with a smile.