Study published within the Journal Plos Genetics revealed that good height isn’t only restricted to physical advantages but it also linked to higher IQ’s and a more positive outlook towards life. Human height depends on tons of genetic and non-genetic factors like environmental conditions and nutrition.
Yoga has been practiced for holistic well-being since time out of mind but you’ll be surprised to understand that yoga also can be wont to increase your height. With International Yoga Day (21st June) round the corner, we bring back you some tricks and tips to feature those few extra inches to your height and boost overall body development. “Contrary to what most of the people believe, you’ll have an opportunity to extend your height till the age of 23-24 years after which the body stops secreting the expansion hormone,” says Jitender Kunal Kaushik, Head Trainer at Blossom Yoga in New Delhi . He suggests the subsequent yoga poses which will help in stretching your body muscles.
The exercise involves stretching all the body muscles from head to toe. This elongation generates posture pressure altogether body parts which facilitates the assembly of the expansion hormone.
– Stand erect on the ground together with your legs, waist and neck aligned during a line . Keep both the feet together, hands on the edges and palm facing the thighs.
– While inhaling, raise both of your arms together within the upward direction, parallel to every other.
– Slowly lift your heels and stand on your toes. Stretch your body upward as far as possible. Keep your legs and arms straight.
2. Vriksh Asana
The tree pose works wonders in increasing height. When the leg is folded and placed over the opposite thigh, the whole weight is borne by the second leg. This helps in strengthening your muscles. Further, when the neck is flexed upwards, the pituitary (responsible for producing the expansion hormone) gets activated.
– Stand with feet together on the ground . Keep hands at the side and breathe normally.
– get up firmly on the left leg and fold the proper leg at your knees. Bring the only of the proper foot on the inner thighs.
– Balance on the left foot and lift both arms over the top , elbows unbent and join your palms together.
– Hold this posture with the whole body stretched for a couple of seconds while breathing gently. Repeat the procedure with the other leg.
3. Sarvang Asana and Head stand
Together mentioned as Shirshasana, both the poses involve inversion against gravity. This exerts direct pressure on the pituitary .
– Lie flat on the rear in shavasana together with your palms facing downward.
– Slowly lift your legs, buttock and back in order that you come up high on your shoulders, support the rear with hands.
– Keep straightening the legs and spine. Your weight should be supported on your shoulders and upper arms.
– If you are feeling any strain within the neck begin of the posture. Stay within the posture 15 to 30 seconds.
4. Ustra Asana
Also referred to as the Camel Pose, it involves the backward bending of the neck which triggers the master (pituitary) gland. people that suffer from fluctuating vital sign or have back injuries should avoid this pose.
– Sit in vajrasana (kneel on the yoga mat). Stand on your knees as you inhale. attract your coccyx towards the pub, as if being pulled from the navel.
– Keep your back arched and arms straight, sliding your palms over your feet.
– Stay during this posture for a couple of seconds, breathing normally.
– exhale and slowly come to the initial pose.
5. Paschimotan Asana
With this pose, pressure is exerted on the rear thigh muscles and therefore the neck region. This particular asana shouldn’t be practiced by people affected by slip disc or sciatica.
– Sit on the bottom and stretch your legs sort of a stick.
– While exhaling, bend forward and hold your toes together with your hand.
– Keeping the rear straight, attempt to rest the top on your knees.
– Avoid bending your knees and keep breath normally.
6. Ujjayi Pranayama
Rightly mentioned because the victorious breath, breathing the proper way sends direct vibrations to the concerned gland and helps bring positive changes to one’s physical ecosystem.
– Find a cushty sitting or lying position.
– confirm that you simply are inhaling and out through your nose while keeping the mouth shut.
– The inhalations and exhalations should be long and deep.