Vastu Shastra Is the science if architecture that teaches how to live in harmony with nature and how to influence nature so that it works for your benefit. It is a part of a vast body of Vedic knowledge written over 5000 years ago.’ Vastu means dwelling and ‘Shastra’ means scientific treatise—the science of designing and building homes according to the eternal laws of nature.
This direction is governed by diety “Kuber”. This is the ideal direction for young couples and also for storing valuables, important papers, cash, jewelry, etc
A bedroom in the North East :
This direction is governed by Deity “shiv”. This direction should not have any bedroom because it is the space of the Worship room.
A bedroom in the East:
This direction is governed by Deity “Surya, Indra”. The direction is ideal for unmarried children
A bedroom in the South East :
This direction is governed by Deity “Agni”.The direction is not recommended for having a bedroom because it leads to constant quarrels between couples and ensures excessive expenditure. Children staying in this direction do not take interest in their studies and finds it difficult to get a sound sleep.
A bedroom in the West :
This direction is governed by Deity “Varun”.The direction is ideal for students. However, it increases the probability of the birth of a larger number of girls in the family.
A bedroom in the North West :
\This direction is governed by Deity “Vayu”.The location is the best for newlywed couples.
Vastu Guidelines for Bedroom
Let us also explore the basic Vastu guidelines that have to be followed, in case of the bedroom:-
1. Vaastu Shastra does not recommend a bedroom in the South East under any circumstances. It is best to shift from this room to any other room in the South West, South, West or North West. In case there is no choice, keep the bed away from the southeast corner or you will be sleeping on too much fire. Sleep in this room with your head towards the South and feet towards the North to ward off the ill-effects.
2. According to Vaastu Shastra, mirrors should not be located inside the bedroom as this leads to frequent misunderstandings and quarrels between couples. However, if essential, place them preferably along the North East wall.
3. You can decorate the walls with attractive wall hangings or pictures that bring pleasure since this is what you will see the first thing in the morning when you wake up!
4. The correct placement of furniture in the bedroom makes one feel at home. Vaastu suggests that since bedrooms normally have heavy objects like beds, cupboards etc, they should be placed in the South, South West or West direction of the room. If possible, avoid beds in the centre of the room.
5. According to Vaastu Shastra, mirrors should not be located inside the bedroom as this leads to frequent misunderstandings and quarrels between couples. However, if essential, place them preferably along the North East wall.
6. It is best to sleep with the head towards the South or East direction of the bedroom. The South brings good deep sleep and ensures long life, while the East brings enlightenment. There should be no window behind you while sleeping.
Here are some of the rules in Vastu Shastra for the Master Bedroom, follow the below-given tips and make your home a place where love is:
As per the Vastu Shastra, the master bedroom must be in the south-west direction, and the head of the family must occupy the room. In case, the house is multi-story, the best direction is to the south-west on the top floor, and it must be bigger than any other room in the house.
2. Placement for the Bed:
There is always a bed in the room, and when it comes to the master bedroom, people usually put a king-size bed to sleep and relax the body. According to Vastu, the perfect place to keep the bed is south or west wall of the room so that the head lies in the south or west direction and the legs are in north or east direction.
3. The direction of the body while sleeping:
Vastu Shastra also gives some guidelines on how to sleep in the room.
• Legs towards East: Sleeping with legs on the east side brings the name, reputation and richness to the family.
• Legs on the west side: Many people have a habit of sleeping with legs on the west side, well, for those Vastu benefits spirituality, mental harmony and peace to life.
• Legs towards North: If a person sleeps with legs on the north side, prosperity and opulence follow.
• Avoid Southside: Vastu Shastra says that it is always best to avoid sleeping with legs on the south direction as it will lead to bad dreams, heaviness in mind and chest, bad thoughts and bad sleep. South direction is known to be the side of Lord of death and sleeping in that side increases mental tension, anxiety problems, mental diseases and early death.
4. Avoid corners for the bed:
The right place to place the bed is in the center. Many people find it easy to place the bed in the corners as it is near to charger points but according to Vastu, corners are considered unsuitable. Even, the master bedroom should only be used by married couples as it strengthen the relationships and bring harmony in the family.
5. Direction for the changing room:
Nowadays, there are changing rooms, bathrooms, and dressers attached to the room. The best place for these rooms is the west or north side of the room. Also, the bathroom should not directly face the bed, and the door of the bathroom must be closed all the time.
6. Entrance to the Room:
Make sure the entrance of the room is in the east, west or north side of the walls. Avoid south direction, and there must be a single door for the entrance which must be smooth enough that does not make any noise while opening or closing.
7. Things to Avoid:
Avoid mirrors, television, laptop, computer, and big gadgets in the bedroom as they take away the harmony from the room. Try to put a mirror in the dressing room, in the case; there is no dressing room then you can place the mirror along with a dressing table. If there is no dressing table, Make sure the mirror does not reflect any part of the body while sleeping otherwise the same part will catch some disease. Any plant, fish aquarium, or any other life forms is a big ‘’No’’ for the room.
8. Wall decors:
Hanging a beautiful, peaceful and serene painting or wall hanging is considered auspicious for the room. Make sure there is no painting or statue in the room that reflects violence or war.
9. Room for Children:
According to Vastu Shastra, the perfect direction for the children’s room is on the east side of the master bedroom. You can lay beds in the children’s bedroom in a south-west direction so that the head of a child is in the east or south direction.
10. Directions to Avoid:
Vastu Shastra strictly denies south-east direction of the house for bedrooms as it encourages unnecessary fights in the family, inefficient expenditure and a lot of difficulties for the couple. Also, the north-east direction is for deities, having a bedroom in that direction causes mishaps, diseases and long-term problems in the family.
11. Colors and Stones for the bedroom:
The most appropriate colors for the bedroom are light rose, grey, blue, chocolate, green and other light, and positive shades. Avoid marble stones especially yellow and white-colored for the newlywed couple. You can also install Bagua in the bedroom to keep the negativity away from the bed