The kitchen should be in the south-east portion of an east facing home or flat as a first choice and unless otherwise a compelling situation arises while designing the home other choices can be considered without damaging the good effects.
The North-west corner is equally can be considered as the second choice. The south (positive) and West (Positive) directions also can be considered as the third choice.
The kitchen is the most important part of a home. The food we prepare in the kitchen determines the healthy living of our body. And more efforts are needed so that the cook feels better with the atmosphere in the kitchen while cooking. Vaastu principles about the kitchen mainly focus on the ambient and ventilation of the kitchen.
Of the Eight Guards of Directions called “Ashtathik Balakars” in the Hindu Mythology, Fire God called as “Agni Deva” is supposed to rule the south-east corner of a home. Fire is the fundamental of the kitchen for the preparation of food. So if the kitchen is placed here the food will be good and tastier.
As per Vaastu, this Fire corner called “Agni Moolai” or ‘Agni Kone’ is not much suitable for any other rooms. If a bedroom is built in this place it will affect the good and peaceful rest because of its natural heat of the Sun. Especially couples who have their bedroom in the south-east corner may not have intimacy and healthy relation.
Natural Sunlight falls exactly in the south-east corner of a place which creates afire energy automatically as per the Hindu Vedic scriptures. So the saint’s advice the kitchens to be built at the south-east corner of a home without fail. The morning Sun rays disinfect the kitchen and make it sterilized, to think scientifically.
The kitchen, if it happens to be in the north-east corner of a house or flat, ruins the income of the family, the children become useless and fool and the family leads to poverty in due course as per our research. Also, the kitchen placed at the south-west corner of the home reduces the income and males living in the home get addicted to all sorts of bad habits. Hence providing a kitchen in the south-west and north-east corners are totally not advised as per the rules of Vasthu Shastra.
The door of the kitchen should be in the north, east or north-east direction opening clockwise. The lady should face east while cooking, for it brings good health to family members. If the lady faces south while cooking it may lead to serious health problems to ladies. The cook facing the west side while cooking is also preferable and acceptable.
- Cooking Gas or any other stove should be in the south-east part of the kitchen.
- The southwest corner of the kitchen must be used for storing grains, oils and important heavy stock.
- Sink in the kitchen should be installed in the northeast corner of the kitchen.
- Big windows and ventilators should be in the east direction, while smaller windows should be in the south.
- The exhaust fan should be installed on the eastern wall in the south-east corner.
- A dishwasher can be placed in the northwest of the kitchen.
- If any storage cabinets are made in the northeast, use these cabinets for lightweight storage only.
- Soft pink and orange colors can be used in the kitchen.
- The water filter can be installed in the northeast.
East Facing House Vastu – 9 Don’ts
- No toilets in the NE corner.
- No bedroom in the NE corner.
- No septic tank in NE corner; in fact, this image will tell you the best location to make a septic tank. Update: More on Septic tank Vastu @ Septic Tank Vastu
- A staircase in North-East of a house is a strict no.
- Avoid having a kitchen in the NE corner; if there’s one then this article will help you.
- Avoid a plot that slopes from North to South.
- Avoid big trees in the North and East of a house.
- Avoid having clutter, dirt, dustbins, etc. in North and NE; it’s better to avoid it everywhere.
- No cut in NE corner; if there’s one then read our article @ North-East Vastu dosh & remedies.
East Facing House Vastu – 10 Do’s
- Place the main door in 5th pada; this’ll give name and fame.
- You can place entrance in padas 4th to 1st if pada 5 alone is small.
- Make walls in North and East slightly shorter and thinner than South and West.
- Make sure that the kitchen is in SE or NW.
- Face East (in SE kitchen) and West (in NW kitchen) while cooking.
- You can have a guest bedroom in NW.
- A plot that slopes from South to North is considered good.
- SW master bedroom is the best.
Having understood East facing house Vastu, I believe that now you understand that not all East facing houses are auspicious and what things you need to keep in mind in order to go only for auspicious ones.