South east facing house should be designed with a careful arrangement as a fire element is dominant in this zone.
Following are a few important rules of VAASTU Shastra for property facing Southeast.
External Vastu arrangements
- Southeast facing House / Home / Plots are considered a medium type of plot where the occupant has an average success in his/her life. Success comes in little by little.
- South-east facing plot or house should have a lower compound wall boundary towards the east (half )& higher boundary towards the south (another half). The height & width of the boundary should be based on the size of the plot.
- The main gate (compound gate) should be placed in the auspicious zone on the south-east boundary wall. Ideally, it is advisable to make an internal lane on the north-east boundary wall. This will reduce the size of the plot but will help in making a door in a positive direction.
- Slope the plot should be towards the northeast direction of the plot. Plot having a slope towards the north-east is proved beneficial to the owner of the plot or home.
South East Facing Apartment
- Entrance facing south-east while buying an apartment or flat should have all internal elements to be as per Vastu.
- The kitchen should have maximum windows towards the north-east and north-west directions.
- Master Bedroom in South-West, Prayer area in North East, Kitchen in Northwest and living area in Eastern zone will give south-east facing home with a “B+” rating.
- Avoid a lift or staircase going down in front of the main entrance.
- Make a lower boundary wall at the northeast side of the plot. The lower boundary at northeast will help in attracting a positive flow of cosmic rays from Ishanya corner.
- The boundary at the south-west line should be the highest in the south-east facing plot. The height & size of the boundary wall should be rather based on the size of the house or plot facing south-east.
Open Space & Slope
- Leave more open space in the north-east zone of the plot while making a construction. More open space in the northeast assures abundance & success in life.
- Leave equal space on the south-east and north-west directions of the plot while making a construction.
- Avoid slope either towards the east or south-east or south of south-east of the plot or home as this will create a “major Vastu fault”.
- Avoid any projection in the plot. Plot having projection or extension at south-east could lead to legal problems, female health issues, financial losses or accident (Except Northeast to the extent of 10%)
Surrounding & Corrections
- Avoid plot with T junction from any side. T junction plot or home is highly inauspicious and need strong Vastu remedies if selected, use Vastu partitions, crystal boundary & Vastu bricks to rectify the defect. Also avoid plot with veedhi school (road ending) at the east of south-east, north or north-west, south-of south-west and west of south-west.
- Correct south-east zone by installing fire element pyramid (Vastu element-fire), fire element pebbles & Vastu Partition strips (Vastu element-fire) on the south-east border. Some people use copper wire remedy, but Vastu partition strips are found to be more effective.
- Make an underground water tank or bore well at the northeast zone of the plot to improve the cosmic vibrations. Water in the northeast brings a better quality of life for all. The water tank should be in proportionate to the construction area.
- Plot with bore well or underground tanks at south-east or south-west is serious Vastu defects. This defect will cause a delay in construction work.
- Avoid a septic tank for the toilet in the south-east, south-west and, also north-east zone of the plot. Its a major defect as per Vastu Shastra.
- Finally sure that Vastu plan for internal & external arrangement should be made according to the Vastu guidelines before starting construction.
South Facing House Vastu – What to Avoid [7 Tips]
- Avoid main entrance in any pada from 5th to 9th.
- Avoid having anything related to water like sump, bore-well etc. in the South-West corner.
- Avoid a plot that slopes from North to South.
- Avoid a cut or extension in the South.
- Avoid car parking in the South.
- Avoid keeping more open space in the South than Northside.
- Avoid kitchen in South-West.
South Facing House Vastu – What to Do [10 Tips]
- Make sure to have the entrance or main door on 4th pada or step.
- If space, after utilizing 4th step, seems less then you can use 3rd, 2nd and 1st
- Make the walls in South and West thicker and higher than North and East.
- Choose a plot that slopes from South to North.
- Make sure that the kitchen is in South-East or North-West corner.
- While cooking face towards East (for South-East kitchen) or West (for North-West kitchen).
- Make the master bedroom in the South-West corner.
- You can have a staircase in South.
- Make a living and/or Pooja room in North-East.
- You can make a guest bedroom in North-West.
Having said all this, I believe and trust that you – now – understand what a vastu compliant south facing house means and aren’t afraid – anymore – to dwell in one.
Also, since you’ve understood south facing house Vastu, I suggest you read what Vastu Shastra says about the kitchen, bedroom, living room, Pooja room, toilet, etc.